Are you robbing God? or Yourself?

Posted by Tomi O on Monday, December 15, 2014 with No comments
Hello People,

I have followed Kenny kore on facebook for a good part of this year and listened to him a couple of times as well, he posts short messages almost everyday and I regularly share them but this time I kinda want it to have more reach because of this particular message. Its just amazing because its in-line with what I have been learning in Church over the last week. I have broken down the messages into 4 parts which will run over this week. 

Open your heart to learn and study the Word. God bless you!! 

*******************************************************************************

I was not even a teenager when I heard a testimony about how a brother got a miracle gift of a tear rubber car because of his faithfulness to GOD.
I promised myself, and GOD that I would do the same thing, for the same result.
After several years of making that commitment, I still haven't gotten a car I didn't pay for, rather GOD had me give out my first, hard earned, second hand car.

How‬ did I get from serving GOD because I wanted a car, to the point where I served GOD by giving a car?
Romans 5:5,"And hope maketh not ashamed; because the LOVE OF GOD IS SHED ABROAD IN OUR HEARTS by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."
I didn't give out my car out of abundance of money or because I had several cars;
I didn't give the car because I was pestered, cajoled, manipulated, or bullied to;
I gave the car because I felt compelled by the Holy Spirit to.
It was tough to obey, but I did, and I know that even the ability to obey is a gift from GOD, so I have nothing to boast of.
That car was my 'widows mite'.
Luke 21:1-4,"And He looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury, and He saw also a certain poor widow putting in two mites.
So He said, “Truly I say to you THAT THIS POOR WIDOW HAS PUT IN MORE THAN ALL; for all these out of their abundance have put in offerings for GOD, but she out of her poverty PUT IN ALL THE LIVELIHOOD THAT SHE HAD.”


So‬ somebody asked me if I pay tithe; my 10%.
I answer now by saying NO, I REFUSE TO GIVE GOD 10%, WHEN GOD GAVE ME HIS 100%.
I have given my life to Christ, and that includes my money. ALL OF IT!!!
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of GOD, not by works, so that no one can boast.-Ephesians 2:8-9.
IF WE ARE SAVED BY PAYING TITHES, I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT YOU'LL NEED MORE THAN 10%.
IF PAYING 10% OF OUR INCOME COULD GET US INTO A SAVING COVENANT WITH GOD, JESUS WOULD NOT HAVE TO SHED A DROP OF BLOOD FOR HUMANITY.
A more penetrating study of the Old Testa­ment laws would reveal that NO CHURCH TODAY IS REALLY TITHING in the stoic sense of the word.
The book of Malachai was originally written to Jews and Levites who practiced three (3) types of tithing.
Hence when GOD said in Malachai 3:8,"Will a mere mortal rob GOD? Yet you rob me. "But you ask, 'How are we robbing YOU?' "In TITHES AND OFFERINGS.
Please note the PLURALITY of those words; Tithes and offerings.
The 3 types of tithes:
1. The tithe for the Levites.-Num. 18: 21, 24.
2. The tithe for the feasts/festival.-Deut.14:22-27.
3. The tithe for the poor.-Deut. 14:28, 29.
If‬ we practice one out of three tithes, have we stopped robbing GOD??? (sela).
‪‎Why‬ is the tithe for the Levites a MUST and the tithe for the poor is no longer MANDATORY in the same order???
*Proverbs 19:17," If you help the poor, you are lending to the LORD--and HE will repay you!
*Matthew 25:40," "The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for Me.'
The danger of playing 'selective' with the Laws of GOD couldn't be stated clearer than in James 2:10;
" FOR WHOEVER KEEPS THE WHOLE LAW AND YET STUMBLES AT JUST ONE POINT IS GUILTY OF BREAKING ALL OF IT."

‪Wrong‬ belief is unbelief
READ YOUR BIBLE, MEDITATE, PRAY, AND OBEY GOD...Kuorire