I walked the dog this morning and learnt a lesson

Posted by Tomi O on Monday, December 08, 2014 with 8 comments
Hello people,

How have you been? Remember chi-chi? chi-chi is 'our' dog and I took her for a walk this morning. I regularly don't do this but I am around and my younger sister started complaining when she started barking in the morning as an indication for us to take her out.




I walked her round our close and when we got back, some chickens had invaded her 'space' and she almost ran out of my hands to defend her 'territory' to chase the chickens away from her food and water and a light bulb came on in my head.

Do you defend your territory like this?

The Bible clearly says in Proverbs 4:23 Watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life.

I know right now that I don't. 
I also love the analogy I heard recently, about having a field and how weed doesn't struggle to grow but it takes extra planning and effort to grow a seed deliberately. You want to plant maize, you have to plan, water it etc. to make sure it grows, but for the weed? You don't have to 'do' anything. 

God has given us this life - HIS life - we are stewards and we have the responsibility to 'defend' and God has equipped us, given us authority, given us dominion and he will ask us what we did with our life. 

I have been giving this serious thought since morning - when I wasn't sleeping - and I want to ask you what I also ask myself and hoping I understand and get better at. 

Is my life - and the lives connected to mine - precious enough to me to want to defend it like how God expects?

Have a great week!!! :) 


Categories: , ,